- super efficient gadget was a good buy Review by Sydney
We had lots of trouble locating Katja our adventurous kitten. She wandered far from home in all directions around our 3 hectares wooded terrain.
Now, with the loc8tor, I can quickly find the direction and exact location, even when up trees. I hesitated when I saw the price, but for me this super efficient gadget was a good buy - even now after 3 months when I seldom need more that the initial direction. I am reaching the age when I will place place the receiver on my keyring which has many secret hiding places. Can strongly recommend. (Posted on 5/17/13)
- Bingo, there is a Cat! Review by Lee
- We have used the Loc8tor Pet system to monitor two cats outside on an heavily gardened acre property. Although it does not always give you an excact location, because of no line of direct sight ,it does give you a clue as to which way to go and then as you get closer "Bingo" there is a cat. Great system, we would just like it to work with two handsets at the same time. If one cat goes to front of house and other is at the back. Two people doing the chasing iis far better. Well done Loc8tor. (Posted on 11/15/12)
- Awesome! Review by Julie
We are RVers & have a RV Calico Kitty we take everywhere with us. She has a Pet Loc8tor, but is usually nearby. Sure saves us time, effort & worry to locate her right away!
Thanks so much! (Posted on 10/22/12)
- My Loc8tor Is awesome! Review by TamH
- This is truly the best $139 I have ever spent on my cats. We live in Colorado where cats often become a midnight snack for foxes, coyotes, and hawks. But our 4 cats are so much happier (not to mention thinner) when they can go outside during the daytime. But each time one disappears, we feel tremendous stress searching the neighborhood, with my kids and I in tears. The Loc8tor is exactly what I have imagined we needed. It really is fun and easy to use. One week after tagging our 4 kitties, we had a noisy BBQ at our house. One cat disappeared and wouldn't respond to our calls. I switched on the little receiver in our house, pushed #3 for her tag, and it led me through our pitch black back yard, directly to our lilac bush. I couldn't see a thing, but reached in and pulled out my cat in about 30 seconds all together! I love the Loc8tor, and won't ever have a cat without one again. And just think...the cost is half the price I payed to stitch up my cat that got bitten the last time she spent the night on the town:) (Posted on 9/16/12)
- finding kittens by tracking the mom Review by polly pillsbury
So here is the kitten story: two weeks ago a sweet cat started showing up at my house, thin and hungry. A town resident happened to stop by our house one day and said that the cat had been left behind by his tenants. I decided to take care of her and find her a home, but discovered that she was a lactating mother with kittens stashed somewhere! but where? I immediately thought of a friends barn because of the close proximity to the house where the cat had lived, but my friends hadn't seen the cat around.
I walked the property Of the cats former home, and I crawled around in the muck and mosquitoes under the porches, etc, but no kittens. The cat continued to show up at my house every night for food, purring loudly. It was a daunting project. I realized that if the kittens weren't found, they would not have a chance at loving homes because they would become feral, and multiply, and The town would have a problem. More coyotes hanging around, and cats with diseases. But how to find them? So I went online and googled radio collars for wildlife, and found one for cats! I found your pet loc8tor company, and although skeptical, thought it worth a try. I ordered one out of desperation.
. The day it arrived, I put the collar with the little radio tag on the cat , and because it was late at night when she showed up, I opted to wait for daylight to try it out. The next day I started at her former home, and immediately got a faint signal that got stronger and stronger as it led me first through a back yard and then through the underbrush behind a barn, to right in front of a tree. I opened a can of cat food, and the cat came running down from the tree to greet me.
But still no sign of kittens anywhere. That night I went back late and again got a signal, only to discover the collar had been ditched . no cat. The next night when kitty showed up, I put the collar on again and then turned my attention to a dinner party I was giving. I didn't check emails til late to discover that a friend had emailed saying that the cat was in her barn, and she had petted her. So early the next morning I went to the barn and started to get a strong signal from inside,. I went into the barn, and in a corner found mom and four kittens! I dumped mom in the carrier I'd brought, and the owner of the barn turned up just in time to help me gather up the four kittens. Took them to mom's and got them settled in, and 5 hours later Charles showed up with a fifth kitten he'd found!
They were all given a clean bill of health at the vet and were determined to be about five weeks old. they are beautiful!
I would never have found them without this wonderful little piece of technology called "the pet loc8tor"
I would love to be a sales rep for this product! (Posted on 8/29/12)
- Trained my wandering cat to come home! Review by Kate
- I have a cat who is an escape artist -- Houdini would be proud. After only a few days of wearing the Loc8tor on his harness, he realized that the beeping meant he would be fed if he came home. As soon as the first red light comes on, I know his Loc8tor has started beeping and sure enough, within seconds he'll come running. My 10 year old daughter suffered heartache every time he got out and she couldn't find him -- now she can go out with the Loc8tor and bring him home. Amazing! Thank you! (Posted on 7/29/12)
- I am happy to go on holiday now and leave the remote with my cat sitter. Review by Richard - New Zealand
I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with the locator .
My cat is getting quite old now and often wanders .
I have just come home tonight and was very worried because he is usually waiting for me when I get home but he wasn’t.
I used the locator and found him caught up in the water lilies half in the lake . He was very happy to see me. He would have drowned when the gate opened [happens every night at 8pm. ]
Thankyou so much for inventing this.
I noticed you have a new model on your website and would love to become a distributor here.
[would like one of those new ones too] how much are they in NZ dollars?
I am happy to go on holiday now and leave the remote with my cat sitter.
(Posted on 7/10/12)
- Works wonderful. Review by Ron Hinds - USA
- Works wonderful.. We have a big Maine-Coon cat that likes to wonder off when he's outside. Put this on him and he is always found. When he's visible we've even used the beeping sound on his collar to discourage him from wondering into places he shouldn't go. He now knows when he hears that beep it means 'we're watching you!'. (Posted on 7/10/12)
- The Loc8tor is essential for all pet owners who want peace of mind. Review by Victoria - New Zealand
I have just placed my 2nd order with Loc8tor, for more Pet Splashproof covers & batteries. I purchased the Loc8tor Plus to track my two young & very active Bengal cats, who are always exploring areas of bushland around my home, and other people's homes. They now know to come home when they hear their tags beeping! I decided my 3rd cat (17yrs+, very
fat) needed one too when I walked past her 3 times in daylight, without seeing her nestled amongst some grass.
The Loc8tor is essential for all pet owners who want peace of mind. I now don't worry about my old cat wandering off (injured or dying) and never finding her again, even under my own house. The tags and splashproof housings work very well and the cats don't notice them at all. I now know when the other two cats are "visiting" and which house they are at!
(Posted on 7/10/12)
- The cat was smarter Review by John345
- My cat roams our 2acre waterfront property. At first the Loc8tor found her easily. But this cat does not want to be found. Now the beeper on her collar tag warns her, and she immediately runs out of range, untill her collar stops beeping. I wish you had a pet tag that didn't warn her that I'm looking. (Posted on 7/9/12)
Write Your Own Review
Availability: In stock