- SAVED MY CAT'S LIFE!!!!! Review by Bob
- We have a 1-year old cat (Teddy) who is only 8 lbs. -- far too small to wear a GPS device. We wanted to keep him inside, but he was so unhappy that we finally let him out with the Loc8tor Lite. Usually, Teddy stays near the house, but on Thanksgiving he disappeared, which was very unlike him. With the Loc8tor, we were able to track him to a tiny space under our wooden deck. He had been hit by a car, his body temperature had dropped to 91, and he was in shock. We rushed him to the vet, where he had emergency 4-hour surgery to repair a severed urethera. After a week in intensive care, Teddy is coming home tomorrow, and his prognosis is excellent. Were it not for the Loc8tor, we never would have found him and he would have died horribly. We will always be grateful for your product. THANK YOU!!!!!!! (Posted on 12/5/13)
- Wouldn't have a pet without one Review by Krahns
- It can train even the most nervous pet owner to trust their pet outdoors. We wanted to keep out cats indoors for safety but our Siamese is the "I'm-bored-bored-bored-bored-bored" type. He's even smart enough to know the beeping means I'm looking for him and he usually heads back home. Amazing product! (Posted on 10/14/13)
- Best $99.99 I ever spent Review by Sheila
- This device has saved me hours of searching. It has worked every time! I have 2 cats. One wanders off and the other hides. The wanderer went out of range one time. I got in my car and drove around nearby blocks..and sure enough it picked up a signal even in my car. We thank God every night for this device! (Posted on 9/7/13)
- I tracked him to a neighbor's house about 1/4 mile away Review by Martina Akeson
Our 15 year-old cats get to go outside, but we call them in at night, since we live in a wooded area with Great Horned Owls and coyotes. Twice in the last year one cat has disappeared for about a month, then just shows up again, fat and happy, obviously well-fed and healthy. The first time he disappeared I walked into the woods searching and hoping to at least find some trace of him. I found nothing. I kept thinking there had to be a way to track him. This last time he disappeared and came back, I did a lot of searching on the internet and found this device.
I put it on his collar last yesterday, then let him out today. I just tracked him to a neighbor's house about 1/4 mile away. At first, walking around places I know he likes, I got no signal, but as I walked up the street, I suddenly heard a beep, saw a single red light, then, with every step, the lights lit up and I could hear the tag chirping, as I turned away from the chirping, the lights went back to yellow, and as I turned towards the chirping tag, the lights went to green and all the way to the top of the receiver unit. I knew I'd found either the cat, or at least his collar. I saw the neighbor and asked if I could look around her yard for my cat. She said they had been feeding him and loved having him around, he's such a sweet cat (yeah - I know!) Anyway, I was on the street and the cat was behind the house, under a covered patio - there was a distance of at least 30 feet and the entire house between the tag and the receiver and the signal was plenty strong. I scooped the cat up and brought him home (walking a quarter mile with a feisty Bengal is comical, in hindsight, though not at the time...)
(Posted on 7/31/13)
- Awesome! Review by smedina
- This loc8tor is absolutely Wonderful!. I have a young male cat who wonders away from our block a lot. In the past when I had trouble getting him in after 9pm, it could take almost 4 hours to finally find him & get him in the house. Now with the loc8tor if he doesn't come home after calling him a few times I can go out & find him in less than 20min. Plus one day he lost his collar but I didn't need to worry, I just went out with the loc8tor remote & found his collar in less than 5min. The loc8tor is such a blessing & wonderful to have. It really eases my mind & anxiety. (Posted on 7/16/13)
- super efficient gadget was a good buy Review by Sydney
We had lots of trouble locating Katja our adventurous kitten. She wandered far from home in all directions around our 3 hectares wooded terrain.
Now, with the loc8tor, I can quickly find the direction and exact location, even when up trees. I hesitated when I saw the price, but for me this super efficient gadget was a good buy - even now after 3 months when I seldom need more that the initial direction. I am reaching the age when I will place place the receiver on my keyring which has many secret hiding places. Can strongly recommend. (Posted on 5/17/13)
- Bingo, there is a Cat! Review by Lee
- We have used the Loc8tor Pet system to monitor two cats outside on an heavily gardened acre property. Although it does not always give you an excact location, because of no line of direct sight ,it does give you a clue as to which way to go and then as you get closer "Bingo" there is a cat. Great system, we would just like it to work with two handsets at the same time. If one cat goes to front of house and other is at the back. Two people doing the chasing iis far better. Well done Loc8tor. (Posted on 11/15/12)
- Awesome! Review by Julie
We are RVers & have a RV Calico Kitty we take everywhere with us. She has a Pet Loc8tor, but is usually nearby. Sure saves us time, effort & worry to locate her right away!
Thanks so much! (Posted on 10/22/12)
- My Loc8tor Is awesome! Review by TamH
- This is truly the best $139 I have ever spent on my cats. We live in Colorado where cats often become a midnight snack for foxes, coyotes, and hawks. But our 4 cats are so much happier (not to mention thinner) when they can go outside during the daytime. But each time one disappears, we feel tremendous stress searching the neighborhood, with my kids and I in tears. The Loc8tor is exactly what I have imagined we needed. It really is fun and easy to use. One week after tagging our 4 kitties, we had a noisy BBQ at our house. One cat disappeared and wouldn't respond to our calls. I switched on the little receiver in our house, pushed #3 for her tag, and it led me through our pitch black back yard, directly to our lilac bush. I couldn't see a thing, but reached in and pulled out my cat in about 30 seconds all together! I love the Loc8tor, and won't ever have a cat without one again. And just think...the cost is half the price I payed to stitch up my cat that got bitten the last time she spent the night on the town:) (Posted on 9/16/12)
- finding kittens by tracking the mom Review by polly pillsbury
So here is the kitten story: two weeks ago a sweet cat started showing up at my house, thin and hungry. A town resident happened to stop by our house one day and said that the cat had been left behind by his tenants. I decided to take care of her and find her a home, but discovered that she was a lactating mother with kittens stashed somewhere! but where? I immediately thought of a friends barn because of the close proximity to the house where the cat had lived, but my friends hadn't seen the cat around.
I walked the property Of the cats former home, and I crawled around in the muck and mosquitoes under the porches, etc, but no kittens. The cat continued to show up at my house every night for food, purring loudly. It was a daunting project. I realized that if the kittens weren't found, they would not have a chance at loving homes because they would become feral, and multiply, and The town would have a problem. More coyotes hanging around, and cats with diseases. But how to find them? So I went online and googled radio collars for wildlife, and found one for cats! I found your pet loc8tor company, and although skeptical, thought it worth a try. I ordered one out of desperation.
. The day it arrived, I put the collar with the little radio tag on the cat , and because it was late at night when she showed up, I opted to wait for daylight to try it out. The next day I started at her former home, and immediately got a faint signal that got stronger and stronger as it led me first through a back yard and then through the underbrush behind a barn, to right in front of a tree. I opened a can of cat food, and the cat came running down from the tree to greet me.
But still no sign of kittens anywhere. That night I went back late and again got a signal, only to discover the collar had been ditched . no cat. The next night when kitty showed up, I put the collar on again and then turned my attention to a dinner party I was giving. I didn't check emails til late to discover that a friend had emailed saying that the cat was in her barn, and she had petted her. So early the next morning I went to the barn and started to get a strong signal from inside,. I went into the barn, and in a corner found mom and four kittens! I dumped mom in the carrier I'd brought, and the owner of the barn turned up just in time to help me gather up the four kittens. Took them to mom's and got them settled in, and 5 hours later Charles showed up with a fifth kitten he'd found!
They were all given a clean bill of health at the vet and were determined to be about five weeks old. they are beautiful!
I would never have found them without this wonderful little piece of technology called "the pet loc8tor"
I would love to be a sales rep for this product! (Posted on 8/29/12)
Write Your Own Review
Availability: In stock