Suitable for Partial or No Sight
Loc8tor Lite - perfect for tracking down lost items in seconds.
How many times have you turned the house upside down, been late for meetings and even cancelled all your cards…just because you’ve mislaid your keys or wallet?
Now there’s a simple and cost-effective way to avoid this annoyance and uncertainty. The Loc8tor Lite is the ultimate locating device to help you keep track of your valuables such as keys, TV remotes, cameras, mobile phones, wallets, purses or even your car.
Designed specifically for locating either at home or out and about, it actually directs you which way to walk right to the exact location of your lost item, whether it’s stuffed down the back of the sofa or left behind in a shop. TheLoc8tor Lite comes supplied with two mini homing tags and enables you to find things in seconds that could have you hunting around for hours.
Device 1 x Loc8tor Lite
2 x Mini Tags
Keyrings and adhesive strips
Fridge Mount for keeping device
Multilingual user guide
All batteries are included
Range - Up 122 Meters in open space
Range may vary depending on location and the object being located. Refer to the guide below:
Size of the device
86mm x 54mm x 6mm
3.4 "x 2.13" x 0.23 inches
Size of the tag
30.5mm (H) x 19.5mm (L), x 8.5mm (E)
1.2 "(H) x 0.8" (L) x 0.3 "(E)
Weight of the tag
Weight: 5 grams, Oz 0175
Device: CR2032 Lithium Cell Battery
Tags: 2 x GP189 or equivalent
Expected battery life with batteries supplied is 2-5 months (this will vary with use).
The smallest Tags on the Market
Thanks to our patented aerial technology, Loc8tor are able to offer some of the smallest most accurate tracking tags available anywhere in the world. This means that our tags are both extremely lightweight and easy to locate from your handset. This is a combination which many of our competitors simply cannot match.
Easy to use, accurate handsets
Our handsets are so straightforward, even a young child can use them to find their toys. The tracking device will beep to tell you exactly where the tag and your pet are located through the use of audio and visual cues letting you know when you're walking in the right direction. This is best demonstrated via the demonsration video, the video has been created by one of our many satisfied customers. See how she uses a Loc8tor Plus cat tracking device to find her cat.
Q - How does the Loc8tor Lite work?
A – The Loc8tor Lite uses an innovative mix of new technologies and traditional radio frequency (RF). The tags and device both transmit and receive radio signals simultaneously. The handset will give you both audio and visual clues to guide you towards each tag, which will also beep to help you find it. We like to describe this as playing an electronic game of hot and colder, the handset guides by describing when you get warmer and closer to the tag.
Q - How many item can I protect with my Loc8tor Lite?
A- Up to 4 items. The box contains two tags to get you started and two additional tags can be found here.
Q - What is the scope of the Loc8tor Lite?
A - Loc8tor Lite has a range of up to 122m / 400 feet. This result is based on the use in clear site. In some environments, it can reach a longer distance. Obstacles such as walls, floor, cupboards and other people can reduce the maximum range of the device.
Q - What is its degree of accuracy?
A - The Loc8tor Lite guides you to within 2.5cm / 1" of your desired article.
Q - How do I Actually find something?
A – Follow the instructions below:
- 1. Switch on the handset on and select the item you want to find. So long as the tag is within range of the handset, it will pick up a signal.
- 2. Turn around in a full circle keeping the handset pointing straight in front of you.
- 3. Now walk in the direction of the strongest signal. The Loc8tor uses audio with varying pitch - higher when you are pointing in the right direction. Visual clues work as follows-Red, amber and then green to indicate you are getting closer.
- 4. Repeat full circle if you are ever unsure which in the direction to walk.
Q - Will it locate the tags-through obstacles such as clothing or walls?
A - Yes, however the maximum range will be reduced. Unsurprisingly actual range will vary depending on what's between the tagged item and the handset.
Q - Can Loc8tor detect whether an item is upstairs or downstairs?
A - Yes, Loc8tor is fully directional and will provide guidance left, right, up and down. Remember you will get the strongest signal when directly pointing at the tag. As you get closer to the tag try pointing at the ceiling (if you are downstairs) or to the floor (if upstairs).
Q - Does Loc8tor Work Abroad?
A - Yes, Loc8tor works on the 2.45GHz ISM frequency band which is available worldwide.
Q - How do I attach the Tags to the items I wish to protect?
A - Tags can be attached quickly and easily using a key ring loop or high strength adhesive strips, these come with the Loc8tor Lite.
Q - How do I know which button to press to search for a particular tag?
A - When each new tag is registered you are able to assign it to one of the buttons on the front of the device. You can then make a note of which item is assigned to which button on the adhesive slip provided.
Q - Will Tags owned by Other People affect my Loc8tor Handheld?
A - No. Each tag is uniquely registered to your handheld during a simple set up process.
Q-How can I make the Tags water resistant?
A- By purchasing a Splashproof tag box. These can be found on our website here.
Q-How do I get additional copy of the your manual?
A-Click this link and you can find all of our manuals.
See a Loc8tor Lite Tracker live demonstration in action
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: $79.99
Special Price: $64.99
- You have given my a way to have no worry in flying Review by Stephen Carden - Augusta Georgia
- I have told several of my friends about this device. Sad thing they had no idea that a search system would work for RC Helicopters. The other way to put a locator on an RC Model is with GPS Very expensive $1000.00 hopefully you will sell more of them when a few of us start working with them. The cost of your system is great. Two of my Helicopters I have are about 3000.00 for each model. When you lose one it is a very bad day. Your tags cost is less then my Carbon Fiber Rotor blades are. The RC community is going to jump on your device. (Posted on 7/10/12)
- I am so delighted with my Loc8tor! Review by Sylvia Burn
I am so delighted with my loc8tor, it has saved me hours of wasted time searching for my car keys .I was so pleased when the loc8tor found my keys yesterday, I picked
them up and promptly dropped them with excitement, and trod on the tag, crushing it! My pet tortoise is always getting lost in my garden, but now he has the tag this is no longer a problem. My life is much easier now I have the loc8tor ,money well spent.
(Posted on 7/10/12)
- R/C Model Plane loc8tor Review by Tony Brown - Sidney Australia
About three weeks ago, my R/C model plane had a midair collision with one belonging to a fellow club member.
It's tail was torn off and it disappeared going down vertically into gum trees about 200 metres away. We collected the Loc8or unit and headed down a fire trail into the bush. We were at the correct spot, looking in the wrong direction when the Loc8or said "look behind you dummy" or sounds to that effect. We finally found the plane just behind us, cunningly concealed about 15 metres up a gum tree. Without the Loc8or we would probably still be looking! Good news: it's rebuilt and ready to fly again.
Our flying club has had such a successful record with our Loc8or units that we strongly recommend that all new members buy a tag as soon as they join.
(Posted on 7/10/12)
- My average location time is about 30 seconds. Review by Don DeJarnette - Alabamma
- My mother has Alzheimer's Disease. One of the symptoms of this disease is the patient hides things she deems valuable (keys, purses, billfolds, etc.). Your device has been a godsend in finding these items she has hidden. My average location time is about 30 seconds. (Posted on 7/9/12)
- FANTASTIC! Review by Ann
- I love it! If you are like me and can never find your keys & phone - this will change your life! Thank you so much (and I have never written a review before!!!) (Posted on 7/6/12)
- I would like to write and say a huge thank you for your help and kindness Review by Maureen - Wellingborough
I would like to write and say a huge thank you for your help and kindness. As I told you my husband has cardio vascular disease and losing things is a daily occurrence. I need your wonderful loc8tor to help keep me calm and not adding to my stress. The expense has been more than compensated, in the case of quickly finding keys and alarms. Makes life so much calmer. The help you and your staff provided coupled with your patience was greatly appreciated, you can quote me anytime as a very satisfied customer.
(Posted on 5/30/12)
- It's fan-bloody-tastic, and I think you should be Review by C. Graham, South Africa
- I just bought the Loc8tor Lite package, and I'm absolutely gobsmacked! The first thing I've done is immediately to order two more tags. I've been looking for just such a device for ages and am delighted to have found it at last. I can hardly believe how you have miniaturised the whole thing and yet packed it with such superb functionality! It's fan-bloody-tastic, and I think you should be nominated for a Nobel Prize! And I shall most definitely tell all my friends all about it. Well done, many thanks, and best regards. (Posted on 5/30/12)
- Without the Loc8tor we would probably still be looking! Review by Tony, Sydney Australia
- About three weeks ago, my R/C model plane had a mid-air collision with one belonging to a fellow club member. Its tail was torn off and it disappeared going down vertically into gum trees about 200 metres away. We collected the Loc8tor and headed down a fire trail into the bush. We were at the correct spot, looking in the wrong direction when the Loc8tor said "look behind you dummy" or sounds to that effect. We finally found the plane just behind us, cunningly concealed about 15 metres up a gum tree. Without the Loc8tor we would probably still be looking! Good news: it's rebuilt and ready to fly again (Posted on 5/30/12)
- Thanks to the Loc8tor Lite I found my Heli Review by G. Goodhue, Hawaii
- I fly RC helicopters. Yes, it's expensive especially if you crash or lose your aircraft in tall grass - which happens! Thanks to the Loc8tor Lite I found my Heli, took it back to the table to see why it went down. I noticed the Loc8tor was missing, the velcro didn't hold. It must have come off on my way out of the tall grass, looking at that seven feet tall vegetation I thought I'll will never find the Loc8tor Homing Tag again. To cut a long story short, the Loc8tor led me right to it. (Posted on 5/30/12)
- You have NO IDEA what this device has meant to my parents! Review by C. Ojserkis Atlantic City, New Jersey
- You have NO IDEA what this device has meant to my parents! My father is 90 years old and he has lost most of his short term memory. Every few days he loses his keys to the house or his glasses case. Without your device I think we would have already spent thousands of dollars changing locks and buying glasses! Thanks again. (Posted on 5/30/12)
- It’s rather fun to find keys missing – Brilliant – highly recommended Review by J. Wellard, UK
I must say that after spending many hours in the past searching for lost keys, usually when I am late or the car is loaded up ready to leave or even late at night when I go to lock up and find an empty hook where the bunch of keys should be, I have always thought that it would be a great idea to have some kind of locating device.
Having seen a few of these in the ‘junk mail’ catalogues I always dismissed them feeling they wouldn’t work, however when I saw your stand at The Festival Of Speed at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago I was very impressed with the quality of the LOC8TOR and although I did think they were rather expensive decided to buy one with two extra locating sensors.
Brilliant, last week I was running late for a long drive up to my factory in Newcastle under Lyme and just couldn’t find my car keys, the Loc8tor lead me right to them, they were actually in my briefcase on the driving seat of my car which was in the garage. It would have taken me – well I don’t know how long to find them there. Previous to that I started to search again for missing car keys when the Loc8tor found that I had put them back in a metal key safe.
Yes, the loc8tor was not cheap but it is very well made and takes away that panic when you really need keys and just end up rushing around in circles getting into more and more of a panic. In fact it’s rather fun to find keys missing – Brilliant – highly recommended. (Posted on 5/30/12)