Check if your cat is going somewhere it shouldn't - cats are curious creatures and many 'lost' cats have simply got stuck in a neighbor's shed or up a tree. Loc8tor Pet will guide you straight to them so you can check
Pinpoint directional technology - much more effective than GPS, and ideal for finding those tricky hiding places
Shows you where to find them - The Loc8tor handset directs you to your cat's exact location, guiding you to within 1 inch accuracy
Train your cat to return home - Use Loc8tor just before you feed them and they'll associate the discreet beep with food. It's often enough to have them running home for their dinner
It's like an extra insurance policy for your cat
A microchip identifies your lost cat – but only if someone finds it first. GPS trackers are heavy, and despite the hype, not accurate enough for finding cats in many of their hiding places. The unique Loc8tor Pet is the world's leading cat finder and has already saved thousands of cats around the world from getting lost. Loc8tor Pet gives cat owners real peace of mind.
Dual directional technology
Loc8tor Pet's unique dual directional technology system gives you both audio and visual cues to guide you right to your cat. It works like an electronic game of hot and cold and will show you the right direction to walk to find your cat.
Pinpoint accuracy to within 1 inch (2.5cm)
Curious cats can get themselves into all sorts of scrapes, and sometimes they just like to hide. Our patented RF-based technology is accurate enough to find where she's hiding in a bush, under the bed, or even more obscure places. So rest assured that while your cat is in range, you should always be able to find them.
Long range - up to 400 feet (122 meters)
Loc8tor Pet can track up to 400 feet in clear line of sight, so you can find your cat where she's hiding in the house as well as in neighboring gardens and streets. Cats are mostly territorial, and tend not to stray too far – Loc8tor Pet can pinpoint their position if they're locked in someone's garage or stuck up a tree.
Long battery life (up to 7 months)
Unlike GPS trackers, Loc8tor is there when you need it for months on end. Replacement batteries are inexpensive and because you get two homing tags in the pack, you've always got a spare.
Smallest, lightest tag - just 0.175 ounces
It takes seconds to fit the lightweight tag to your cat's collar with the splashproof case (supplied), and no time at all to learn how to use the intuitive handset – just press the button, and follow the audio and visual cues leading you to your cat.
Splashproof protection for your tags
For some added protection and reassurance, we have included some splashproof tag cases, which not only make it easier to attach the tags to your cat's collar, but also aim to increase the lifespan of your tags by protecting them from water damage.
One-off payment with no monthly charges
Loc8tor Pet is designed to be a one-off buy. With no hidden charges or rental costs, it's a single payment to protect your cat for years.
Trusted by thousands of cat owners around the world
Cats often go a-wandering, and can get themselves into mischief all too easily. They may not travel far (cats are very territorial), but they can get trapped in sheds or garages, stuck up trees, or chased by dogs and become disorientated.
Loc8tor Pet helps you protect your cat, and reduces the stress of being a pet parent.
Loc8tor Pet is the smallest and most accurate cat tracker of its type available anywhere in the world. Tens of thousands of pet owners trust it to locate their adventurous cats and curious kittens, whether they've got lost, gone for a wander, or even just when it's time to call them in for dinner.
It's the most affordable tracker too, with a single, one-off payment that will give you years of use and a battery that lasts up to seven months at a time. It comes with the best directional handset of its kind which uses dual directional technology – audio and visual cues to guide you and show you exactly which way to walk.
Find your cat - fast
Our RF-based technology offers much greater range than 'keyring finders' and much greater accuracy than GPS trackers.
Simply attach the lightweight (0.175 ounces) tag to your cat's collar and you can quickly locate it using the credit card-sized slimline handset. A splash-proof cover (supplied) protects it from the elements and from any knocks, bumps or scratches.
Loc8tor can track your cat to within 1 inch (2.5cm) – much more accurate than any GPS tracker.
Activate the handset and it sounds a series of beeps, with color-coded lights to show you when you're getting close – red for far away, amber for closer, and green for really close. The closer you get, the faster the beeps sound and the lights flash.
With a range of up to 400ft (122m) in clear line of sight you can easily find your cat anywhere in the house, neighboring gardens or even further afield simply by pressing the call button, and following the beeps and lights until you're reunited.
No need to worry, no need to wait. Loc8tor Pet can guide you straight to your cat or kitten, with 1 inch accuracy so you can find them even in their sneakiest hidey holes.
1 x Loc8tor Pet Handset; 2 x Mini Homing Tags; 2 x Pet Splashproof Tag Cases; Keyring loops and adhesive tag strips; Magnetic Fridge Mount for handset; Multi-language user guide; All batteries included
a must haveReview by CatHerder (Posted on 8/12/2014)
- We've been using our Loc8tor for years now. Lily and Penny love to be out and can venture beyond our urban home. We have always found them with our Loc8tor. And after years of use, when they hear the beep they start heading home. the neighbor's get a kick out of it. But for us, it's peace of mind, we know we can find our cats if they roam too far. Or are just under the hosta's on a hot afternoon!
Found elderly CatReview by Christy (Posted on 6/20/2014)
- I love this product. This is my second review. I have an elderly cat probably 18 years old. He likes to go outside and sit on porch and sometimes wonder down & in the yard that's fenced. His eyes has cataracts, he is hard of hearing, cries when he's downstairs & alone , so probably has some cognitive impairment. Anyway one night I went out to get the cats inside and he wasn't there. I looked around in usual spots and when I couldn't find him I went to get the loc8tor device. It took quite a few minutes but I finally got a signal and followed the signal about a block away from my house until I had the loudest & strongest signal....then I saw the red blinking light on his collar inside a fenced in yard. I got hold of him & brought him home. With his disabilities I'm sure he would've had a very hard time finding his way home. The loc8tor product is definitely worth every penny I've spent!
BrilliantReview by Jackie (Posted on 6/19/2014)
- Bought this a couple of weeks ago as my Siamese cat now wants to go out after 8 years so not very street wise . Found him easily in neighbours gardens. How ever he went missing for 24 hours tracked him to a house . They tried saying he wasn't there but obviously let him out the back door . This is worth every penny . He is home safe and sound ...
essential for adventerous catsReview by Stacey (Posted on 6/2/2014)
- This tracking device has saved my very active Bengal cat from many potentially dangerous situations. It has enabled me to find him when he gets stuck on the roof or trapped outside. He now responds and comes home when I turn the device on so this saves alot of time in the evenings. I'm very happy with the product.
Excellent Device!!!Review by TomsCats (Posted on 3/25/2014)
We have 2 cats who are possibly the most spoilt cats on earth. The male cat Patches is very independent and loves to go exploring around the neighborhood. He has recently taken to wandering an open field across the road and down by the river. We have used the Loc8tor to find him every night and has helped us to have a restful night sleep. Our second cat is a timid little female and never wanders far from home. The other night she wasn't home so we started to panic. We used the loc8tor looking for her all over the neighborhood. At first we couldn't find her, but then the Locator picked her up and she was stuck up a tree in a neighbor's house that had dogs and other cats. Fortunately they were home and were kind enough to let us into their garden to try and get her. She was high up in a tree and fearful of coming down as the dogs were barking. We managed to coax her down and whilst she was shaking and shivering from fear, we were glad to get her home and in her little comfort zone. It really has been a life saver for us as we worry about them when they are out at night and prefer them to be indoors when we go to bed.
Definitely one of the best investments we have made!!!
Very happyReview by Christy (Posted on 2/23/2014)
I have 5 cats currently. All go outside, two would stay out all time if weather permitted, the others go outside but prefer inside mostly. After loosing one of the sweetest cats I've ever had, several close calls (found one in a neighbors basement after gone a week), I decided I couldn't take the anxiety & worry anymore. After unsuccessfully using other systems I decided to try the pet loc8tor system. The loc8tor device/system is very easy to setup. After I first put these on each of my cats collars, I tested it daily just make sure all tags were working etc., I noticed most time I could get a signal on the hand device from inside even on my cats that were outside. Quickly kitties learned the beeping was me calling them and they would come to door shortly after activating the device. Now most time if I want them inside I just call them with the device. The other day I heard lots of barking & noise outside..I was also sick with laryngitis & couldn't call my cat if I wanted. I don't know why but I was concerned one of cats that was outside could be in trouble.
I took the loc8tor hand device with me outside & got a signal weak at first but followed it over and up one house away where my cat usually doesn't got. I looked up & saw him jump over fence toward me. He always comes to me, but he darted underneath a neighbor's house (empty right now) in front of mine, he was spooked and scared. I didn't see him go underneath the house, but I confirmed he was there because I could hear the beeping underneath & saw it too. I was going to somehow crawl underneath to get him, left the loc8tor near the opening he went into & went back to my house to get flashlight, but when I got the flashlight ready to head back outside my cat was outside my door & came inside then. I feel whatever was going on I got to my cat faster with loc8tor & my cat knew I was calling him when he heard the beeping noise. I am very pleased with this product, best money I spent in a long time.
LOOOOVE the Loc8tor!Review by COHikerGirl (Posted on 1/19/2014)
- I have two kitties who are typically enclosed within a cat-fenced back yard where they can enjoy the outdoors safely, when they don't opt to stay indoors. But every once in a while, one of them manages to find an escape route (if a squirrel chews through the cat fencing, for instance, leaving a hole atop the wooden portion of the fence). The Loc8tor tags have let us find our black kitty even in the darkest night when he was invisible (flashing red light and beeping are invaluable), and under/within the most hidden spots of our neighbors' yards. The ability to find them is vastly reassuring. My only suggestions to others are (1) check your batteries at least once per month, and (2) buy the splashguards.
A Life SaverReview by Jan W (Posted on 12/16/2013)
I take my cat in the car every where I go. Once coming back to Boston, the window was open and somehow my cat got out of his cage and jumped out the window. When I arrive home he was not in car and I was terrified. I drove back the last 12 miles with Loc8tor pointed out the window. I went four times and on the last time, I had a faint beep on the handset, slammed on the brakes and lost the signal but started running till I pick up signal again. After jumping over hedges, fences I found him in the corner of a yard very upset. We were both happy to see each other. He was about 6 miles from home and I would never have found him without your loc8tor.
It saved his life and brought joy in my life. He is my best friend! Thank you
SAVED MY CAT'S LIFE!!!!!Review by Bob (Posted on 12/5/2013)
- We have a 1-year old cat (Teddy) who is only 8 lbs. -- far too small to wear a GPS device. We wanted to keep him inside, but he was so unhappy that we finally let him out with the Loc8tor Lite. Usually, Teddy stays near the house, but on Thanksgiving he disappeared, which was very unlike him. With the Loc8tor, we were able to track him to a tiny space under our wooden deck. He had been hit by a car, his body temperature had dropped to 91, and he was in shock. We rushed him to the vet, where he had emergency 4-hour surgery to repair a severed urethera. After a week in intensive care, Teddy is coming home tomorrow, and his prognosis is excellent. Were it not for the Loc8tor, we never would have found him and he would have died horribly. We will always be grateful for your product. THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Wouldn't have a pet without oneReview by Krahns (Posted on 10/14/2013)
- It can train even the most nervous pet owner to trust their pet outdoors. We wanted to keep out cats indoors for safety but our Siamese is the "I'm-bored-bored-bored-bored-bored" type. He's even smart enough to know the beeping means I'm looking for him and he usually heads back home. Amazing product!
Best $99.99 I ever spentReview by Sheila (Posted on 9/7/2013)
- This device has saved me hours of searching. It has worked every time! I have 2 cats. One wanders off and the other hides. The wanderer went out of range one time. I got in my car and drove around nearby blocks..and sure enough it picked up a signal even in my car. We thank God every night for this device!
I tracked him to a neighbor's house about 1/4 mile awayReview by Martina Akeson (Posted on 7/31/2013)
Our 15 year-old cats get to go outside, but we call them in at night, since we live in a wooded area with Great Horned Owls and coyotes. Twice in the last year one cat has disappeared for about a month, then just shows up again, fat and happy, obviously well-fed and healthy. The first time he disappeared I walked into the woods searching and hoping to at least find some trace of him. I found nothing. I kept thinking there had to be a way to track him. This last time he disappeared and came back, I did a lot of searching on the internet and found this device.
I put it on his collar last yesterday, then let him out today. I just tracked him to a neighbor's house about 1/4 mile away. At first, walking around places I know he likes, I got no signal, but as I walked up the street, I suddenly heard a beep, saw a single red light, then, with every step, the lights lit up and I could hear the tag chirping, as I turned away from the chirping, the lights went back to yellow, and as I turned towards the chirping tag, the lights went to green and all the way to the top of the receiver unit. I knew I'd found either the cat, or at least his collar. I saw the neighbor and asked if I could look around her yard for my cat. She said they had been feeding him and loved having him around, he's such a sweet cat (yeah - I know!) Anyway, I was on the street and the cat was behind the house, under a covered patio - there was a distance of at least 30 feet and the entire house between the tag and the receiver and the signal was plenty strong. I scooped the cat up and brought him home (walking a quarter mile with a feisty Bengal is comical, in hindsight, though not at the time...)
Awesome!Review by smedina (Posted on 7/16/2013)
- This loc8tor is absolutely Wonderful!. I have a young male cat who wonders away from our block a lot. In the past when I had trouble getting him in after 9pm, it could take almost 4 hours to finally find him & get him in the house. Now with the loc8tor if he doesn't come home after calling him a few times I can go out & find him in less than 20min. Plus one day he lost his collar but I didn't need to worry, I just went out with the loc8tor remote & found his collar in less than 5min. The loc8tor is such a blessing & wonderful to have. It really eases my mind & anxiety.
super efficient gadget was a good buyReview by Sydney (Posted on 5/17/2013)
We had lots of trouble locating Katja our adventurous kitten. She wandered far from home in all directions around our 3 hectares wooded terrain.
Now, with the loc8tor, I can quickly find the direction and exact location, even when up trees. I hesitated when I saw the price, but for me this super efficient gadget was a good buy - even now after 3 months when I seldom need more that the initial direction. I am reaching the age when I will place place the receiver on my keyring which has many secret hiding places. Can strongly recommend.
Bingo, there is a Cat!Review by Lee (Posted on 11/15/2012)
- We have used the Loc8tor Pet system to monitor two cats outside on an heavily gardened acre property. Although it does not always give you an excact location, because of no line of direct sight ,it does give you a clue as to which way to go and then as you get closer "Bingo" there is a cat. Great system, we would just like it to work with two handsets at the same time. If one cat goes to front of house and other is at the back. Two people doing the chasing iis far better. Well done Loc8tor.
I just wanted you to know how much I value my Loc8tor Pet.Review by Wendy Bell - Australia (Posted on 11/5/2012)
I just wanted you to know how much I value my Loc8tor Pet. I've just ordered another one, not because the original is broken, but because I don't want to be without one if I ever break it.
We have three cats, one of whom was very badly treated before he came to us. He gets easily scared for no real reason, other than his past bad experiences. When he gets scared he runs away and hides. He doesn't wander very far, but used to hide so we couldn't find him. We live in Australia and we used to worry that he had been bitten by a deadly snake. I once spent several hours looking for him on a day when the temperature was over 40 degrees centigrade. I got heat exhaustion and the cat came home later that night without a care in the world!
Now I can track him down in minutes. He's usually no more than 50 metres from the house hiding under a bush. He comes to me now when he hears the collar beep, and although he still won't allow me to pick him up and bring him indoors, at least I can check him out regularly and know he is safe. He comes home of his own accord when he gets hungry and thirsty. The amount of time and worry the Loc8tor has saved me is mind-boggling. Thank you!
Awesome!Review by Julie (Posted on 10/22/2012)
We are RVers & have a RV Calico Kitty we take everywhere with us. She has a Pet Loc8tor, but is usually nearby. Sure saves us time, effort & worry to locate her right away!
Thanks so much!
My Loc8tor Is awesome!Review by TamH (Posted on 9/16/2012)
- This is truly the best $139 I have ever spent on my cats. We live in Colorado where cats often become a midnight snack for foxes, coyotes, and hawks. But our 4 cats are so much happier (not to mention thinner) when they can go outside during the daytime. But each time one disappears, we feel tremendous stress searching the neighborhood, with my kids and I in tears. The Loc8tor is exactly what I have imagined we needed. It really is fun and easy to use. One week after tagging our 4 kitties, we had a noisy BBQ at our house. One cat disappeared and wouldn't respond to our calls. I switched on the little receiver in our house, pushed #3 for her tag, and it led me through our pitch black back yard, directly to our lilac bush. I couldn't see a thing, but reached in and pulled out my cat in about 30 seconds all together! I love the Loc8tor, and won't ever have a cat without one again. And just think...the cost is half the price I payed to stitch up my cat that got bitten the last time she spent the night on the town:)
finding kittens by tracking the momReview by polly pillsbury (Posted on 8/29/2012)
So here is the kitten story: two weeks ago a sweet cat started showing up at my house, thin and hungry. A town resident happened to stop by our house one day and said that the cat had been left behind by his tenants. I decided to take care of her and find her a home, but discovered that she was a lactating mother with kittens stashed somewhere! but where? I immediately thought of a friends barn because of the close proximity to the house where the cat had lived, but my friends hadn't seen the cat around.
I walked the property Of the cats former home, and I crawled around in the muck and mosquitoes under the porches, etc, but no kittens. The cat continued to show up at my house every night for food, purring loudly. It was a daunting project. I realized that if the kittens weren't found, they would not have a chance at loving homes because they would become feral, and multiply, and The town would have a problem. More coyotes hanging around, and cats with diseases. But how to find them? So I went online and googled radio collars for wildlife, and found one for cats! I found your pet loc8tor company, and although skeptical, thought it worth a try. I ordered one out of desperation.
The day it arrived, I put the collar with the little radio tag on the cat , and because it was late at night when she showed up, I opted to wait for daylight to try it out. The next day I started at her former home, and immediately got a faint signal that got stronger and stronger as it led me first through a back yard and then through the underbrush behind a barn, to right in front of a tree. I opened a can of cat food, and the cat came running down from the tree to greet me.
But still no sign of kittens anywhere. That night I went back late and again got a signal, only to discover the collar had been ditched . no cat. The next night when kitty showed up, I put the collar on again and then turned my attention to a dinner party I was giving. I didn't check emails til late to discover that a friend had emailed saying that the cat was in her barn, and she had petted her. So early the next morning I went to the barn and started to get a strong signal from inside,. I went into the barn, and in a corner found mom and four kittens! I dumped mom in the carrier I'd brought, and the owner of the barn turned up just in time to help me gather up the four kittens. Took them to mom's and got them settled in, and 5 hours later Charles showed up with a fifth kitten he'd found!
They were all given a clean bill of health at the vet and were determined to be about five weeks old. they are beautiful!
I would never have found them without this wonderful little piece of technology called "the pet loc8tor"
P.S. I would love to be a sales rep for this product!
Trained my wandering cat to come home!Review by Kate (Posted on 7/29/2012)
- I have a cat who is an escape artist -- Houdini would be proud. After only a few days of wearing the Loc8tor on his harness, he realized that the beeping meant he would be fed if he came home. As soon as the first red light comes on, I know his Loc8tor has started beeping and sure enough, within seconds he'll come running. My 10 year old daughter suffered heartache every time he got out and she couldn't find him -- now she can go out with the Loc8tor and bring him home. Amazing! Thank you!
I am happy to go on holiday now and leave the remote with my cat sitter.Review by Richard - New Zealand (Posted on 7/10/2012)
I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with the locator. My cat is getting quite old now and often wanders .
I have just come home tonight and was very worried because he is usually waiting for me when I get home but he wasn’t. I used the locator and found him caught up in the water lilies half in the lake . He was very happy to see me. He would have drowned when the gate opened [happens every night at 8pm.]
Thankyou so much for inventing this. I noticed you have a new model on your website and would love to become a distributor here. [would like one of those new ones too] how much are they in NZ dollars?
I am happy to go on holiday now and leave the remote with my cat sitter.
Works wonderful.Review by Ron Hinds - USA (Posted on 7/10/2012)
- Works wonderful.. We have a big Maine-Coon cat that likes to wonder off when he's outside. Put this on him and he is always found. When he's visible we've even used the beeping sound on his collar to discourage him from wondering into places he shouldn't go. He now knows when he hears that beep it means 'we're watching you!'.
The Loc8tor is essential for all pet owners who want peace of mind.Review by Victoria - New Zealand (Posted on 7/10/2012)
I have just placed my 2nd order with Loc8tor, for more Pet Splashproof covers & batteries. I purchased the Loc8tor Plus to track my two young & very active Bengal cats, who are always exploring areas of bushland around my home, and other people's homes. They now know to come home when they hear their tags beeping! I decided my 3rd cat (17yrs+, very fat) needed one too when I walked past her 3 times in daylight, without seeing her nestled amongst some grass.
The Loc8tor is essential for all pet owners who want peace of mind. I now don't worry about my old cat wandering off (injured or dying) and never finding her again, even under my own house. The tags and splashproof housings work very well and the cats don't notice them at all. I now know when the other two cats are "visiting" and which house they are at!
The cat was smarterReview by John345 (Posted on 7/9/2012)
- My cat roams our 2acre waterfront property. At first the Loc8tor found her easily. But this cat does not want to be found. Now the beeper on her collar tag warns her, and she immediately runs out of range, untill her collar stops beeping. I wish you had a pet tag that didn't warn her that I'm looking.
Works in temperatures below freezingReview by Lorna Beairsto - Calgary Canada (Posted on 7/9/2012)
- Living in a cold climate, I was a little uncertain when I first bought your system whether it would be of use all year so I thought I would send you the answer: a resounding yes! The Loc8tor Plus has given me an extra hour or two of sleep most nights. My cat came from a farm and roams at least three blocks in every direction. At night, if she's not around, I drive a grid pattern through the neighbourhood until I get a signal. I used to get out of the car and find her and drive her home but lately she has been heading home when her collar beeps so I just meet her there. I can attest to the facts that it works well from inside a car and it works in temperatures far below freezing, at least as long as the tag is taped snuggly on the inside of a long-haired cat's collar and the hand-held device is kept warm inside a coat or in the car. My cat and I are both thrilled - I get to sleep at a decent time and she gets lots of treats for coming home when beeped.
THANK YOU LOC8TOR FOR HELPING US TO SAVE OUR CATS LIFEReview by Rosemary and Jim Kolynich - New York (Posted on 7/9/2012)
Our two cats, Tommy and Jerry, now five, are more like children to us than pets. Although we have always allowed them the freedom of roaming outdoors we like to keep very close tabs on them. We have been using your Loc8tor tags on our two cats for the past few years to help us find them whenever we felt it was time to return indoors again. They are extremely loving and affectionate cats who sleep in our bed with us at night.
Yesterday my husband let the cats out shortly after 9 AM. Since it was a Saturday we were both busy going about our housework. Tommy returned home around noon but Jerry never returned. Since it gets dark early now we decided to start calling for Jerry around 3:00 but couldn't find him. Jim took the Loc8tor out and began searching the fields and neighboring yards and streets. The later the hour grew the more worried we became. With each passing hour we grew more anxious. Since it is December in New York now the weather is very cold here. The night time temperatures are down below freezing. The wind was blowing very strong and there were snowflakes blowing in the air.
By eleven o'clock we were in a panic. Jim had made several attempts to find him by walking every inch of the neighborhood. He nearly froze trying to find him in the 30 degree temperatures and strong winds. We finally went to bed but never slept more than a few hours each getting up every few minutes to look outside for Jerry.
We knew that unless he found shelter he would be very cold and might even freeze. We prayed that he was safe somewhere and would come home in the morning. First thing in the morning on Sunday we immediately dressed and started trying searching again. We drove up and down all the streets calling and checking with neighbors. We finally returned home around 11:00 AM.
Frustrated that we could not find him we started trying to figure out the possibilities of where he might have gone. We stared outside looking at the few country homes and barns that were visible from our kitchen window. I said it didn't seem likely he would be roaming around in this freezing cold. Most likely he was in a barn somewhere. There were only a few barns within a miles range of our home and we had already checked all of them.
Suddenly I remembered an empty home within a half to three quarters of a mile away that has been boarded up and unoccupied for years. I told Jim I'd like to drive over there and look around. We piled back into our coats and hats and quickly drove to the empty house. Jim jumped out with the Loc8tor and began walking around back as I followed. Just as he turned the corner around the back of the house he hollered I've got him. The Loc8tor began to sing and squeal louder and louder as he approached the house.
It was as if we had both each received a shot of adrenaline. We began running around from window to window knocking frantically and calling Jerry Jerry. We couldn't see him inside the house anywhere but the Loc8tor continued to beep loudly. Suddenly Jim found a hole in the door jam area of the back door just big enough for a cat or a small animal to jump through down into the basement of the house. He said he believed that's where he went in.
I tried calling the local police for help but they said there wasn't anything they could do to help us. They suggested we wait until Monday and call the code enforcement officer of our municipality to see what he could do about unlocking a condemned house.
We knew time was of the essence. Jerry had already been trapped in that unheated basement for 24 hours and was crying for help. He might be injured down there and was definitely freezing and hungry. We decided to try to find a way into the house on our own. Luckily Jim was able to pry open one of the cellar doors just enough to squeeze inside. Success ! Once inside he spotted Jerry right away and he leapt up into his arms, one cold but happy cat. Jim passed him out through the crack in the door to me where I immediately whisked him away into the warm waiting car.
We took our Jerry home and he was so hungry and happy to be back in his nice warm house again with his Mom and Dad who love him so dearly. He is the light of our life. We thanked God for giving us the will to pursue our search for Jerry until we found him. Had we given up and had not had the Loc8tor to scan that house, our precious pet would have perished there in another freezing cold night with no food or heat.
THANK YOU LOC8TOR FOR HELPING US TO SAVE OUR CATS LIFE !!
We remain eternally grateful
I just wanted to write and say thanks for inventing these tags.Review by Justine (Posted on 7/9/2012)
- I just wanted to write and say thanks for inventing these tags. One of our cats went missing a couple of days before Christmas. We thought she had been stolen as she is a valuable one. We spent two days scanning local streets and eventually tracked her down to an old warehouse behind a builders yard and after some time she worked her way to the window (she responds to the bleep on the tag as a homing signal and usually returns) so we knew for definite she was in there. However the warehouse was locked and no one was there (it was a Sunday). We eventually traced the owner who had left the property for Christmas the day before and was now 8 hours away and wasn't due back for 2 weeks. He kindly got a family member to cut a cat flap in the door of the warehouse to release our cat. Without one of your Loc8tor tags on she would have almost certainly not been found and probably would not have survived. The tags have been worth every penny
it does what it says on the tinReview by J. Henthorn (Posted on 7/9/2012)
I have been greatly impressed with the performance of the loc8tor. "It does what it says on the tin"! My cat does not object at all to the tag (in its splash-proof case) being attached to his collar. Most times when the search is activated the bleep of the tag is sufficient to remind him that his presence at home is required and he duly returns.
I thoroughly recommend the product.
How can we let our cats our without a leash?Review by Harold Hanhy - Pensacola (Posted on 7/9/2012)
Thank you, you have great customer service, and I appreciate it very much. We travel full time in an RV, all across the US & Canada, and are always asked; how can you let our cats out without a leash? We always demonstrate how the Loc8tor works and spell it for them and tell them to go to your web site.
WHAT a true service you have provided-THANK YOU !!Review by Gary Lewis - Southern California (Posted on 7/9/2012)
WE LOVE THIS PRODUCT. As owners of 2 American Bobtail cats, we deal with animals that are nearer to basic nature than domestic Cats. We live in Southern California, and on a golf course, so Coyotes are a major concern to the existence of our pets. With the addition of the tracking collars, we can round up our cats before nightfall and reduce our daily anxiety levels.
WHAT a true service you have provided-THANK YOU !!
I just had to write you and say THANK YOU SO MUCH for your Pet Loc8tor product!Review by Erica Bins (Posted on 7/9/2012)
I just had to write you and say THANK YOU SO MUCH for your Pet Loc8tor product!
We live in the back of a secluded community and I have/had 3 furry babies. They just love to sit in the backyard in the sun and since our community doesn’t get much traffic, I never thought twice about letting them go outside. However one Sunday one of my cats went missing. He was microchipped and had his collar and tags on. I put up fliers; went door to door asking neighbors, called vet clinics, searched local shelters tirelessly for months. I never did find my poor kitty. Afterwards I bought your Pet Loc8tor for my 2 remaining cats and I have never slept better! Also one of my little kitties is a MASTER COLLAR REMOVER! With the Loc8tor, it doesn’t matter if it is pitch black outside I can always find my kitties and/or their removed collars! The blinking red light is great at night! The loc8tor has paid for itself in cat collars alone and there is no price you can put on peace of mind! Also I read that many of your customers noticed their cats will come once the collar starts beeping. I as well have seen that once I activate the Loc8tor it seems the cats start their way back to the yard. I am always sure to give them kitty treats when I find them to reinforce the behavior. THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU!!! I did find that one of the tags had a dead battery when I unpacked it, so I would recommend to other customers buying the replacement batteries when they place their order. Other than that, I have absolutely no complaints about the Loc8tor product!
Our "indoor" cat still likes to get outside occasionallyReview by Debby - Evansville, Indianna (Posted on 7/9/2012)
- We've had the loc8tor for almost one year. Our "indoor" cat still likes to get outside occasionally. The loc8tor has helped us find him many times!! I use the second tag for the car when I go to the Mall. It has kept me from wandering around the parking lot looking for my car! This is one purchase we've made that has been well worth the money. I'm so glad we found you on the Web!
I can't live without it nowReview by Bill from Tuscan (Posted on 7/9/2012)
I bought the Loc*tor to solve my problem, finding my wayward black cat at night. I have a large fenced area and sometimes she hides when it is time to come in so she can stay out all night. I live in the desert southwest and this can be a little dangerous for a cat. The Loc8tor seemd like it was what I needed.
Well, it works great! At this point she will usually come running. She knows she can't hide. She's been lo-jacked.
For durability, I put the locator tag inside a latex finger tip cut from a glove, tied it off, and stuffed it inside a dollar store collar. It has lasted for a year now. One battery replacement and nothing has worn out. If the collar falls off I can always find it so it never gets lost, either.
Recently I got a young cat from the pound. He is quite the athlete, and I had to equip him with his own Loc8tor tag. He has learned on his own that the tiny beeping from the tag means that food is imminent, and now he always comes running. One day his collar fell off and he actually brought it to the house hanging from his teeth. He doesn't want to be without it, I figure, because it means food.
I'll probably be buying another system so that I will have it when the old one finally wears out from old age. I can't live without it now.
I just want to say thank you very much for helping to locate our catReview by Deborah bell (Posted on 7/9/2012)
- I just want to say thank you very much for helping to locate our cat many times over the last few years. He has been in ill health recently and to be able to locate him swiftly and without stress has been very reassuring for us all, including him. Raccoon has learned to return home once his tag starts to bleep and knows it will not be switched off until he does. He will never been without one on his collar.
I live in America and received it in 2 days!Review by Pamela – Santa Monica (Posted on 7/9/2012)
- I wanted to email and let you know how happy I am with your product.I live in America and received it in 2 days! I purchased it for my 2 cats. They seem to always be hiding. It has lived up to it's claims. I have been able to find them on numerous occasions. It was especially valuable when our neighbor informed us a coyote was in our neighborhood. I was able to get them in the house quickly!
My cat "Kimbo" often wanders off at nightReview by Peter - Canada (Posted on 7/9/2012)
- My cat "Kimbo" often wanders off at night, enjoying his prowling. After a neighbour complained to me, I had an "Invisible Fence" installed which was supposed to keep the cat inside the perimeter of my house and yard. The cat got spooked by the little jolt it got and actually bolted in the wrong direction - through the perimeter - and got out! After 2 days of not finding him, I finally got him back. At this point, I bought a Loc8tor Plus. It was delivered in 3 days. Set it up and put it on the cat's collar. Sure enough a week later, I let the cat out mistakenly thinking he had "learned" how the "Invisible Fence" worked. Not so! He must have again bolted thru the perimeter. He never came home the next morning. I turned on my Loc8tor and quickly determined the cat was not in my house - saved a bunch of time looking with no purpose. When I got home from work, I started walking around the block with the Loc8tor on...nothing was happening. I thought "oh, great, another worthless toy I bought." All of a sudden, it sprung to life! I followed the beeps and signal strength, and adjusted my direction...my cat came out of a bush and walked towards me as if nothing was amiss! I scooped him up in my arms and took him home. Loc8tor WORKS as advertised and for what it costs, it's a bargain. I also have 2 GPS collar systems for our dogs, but no such system is yet light enough for cat use. The GPS systems are almost $1000 for one dog, and about $1200 for two, as you only need to buy another transmitter. Sure, the GPS is better, but they don't make them for cats yet, and at approximately 10 times the cost of a Loc8tor Plus, there is no comparison. The Loc8tor is the BEST product I have ever seen for the problem of a wandering neighbourhood domestic cat and very cost-effective. I will gladly recommend the Loc8tor Plus to all cat lovers everywhere. Excellent product!!
This is an awesome productReview by Mike Anderson (Posted on 7/9/2012)
Thank you...this is an awesome product. This little guy sneaks out and we have rewarded him every time we find him with a treat so now he just saves us the time of looking for him and he comes running once he hears his collar beeping. "Oliver" thanks you too.
See us in action in this video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72iQFxklS4s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Thank youReview by J Harrison (Posted on 7/3/2012)
- I did a fair amount of research on different systems available for cats as I have one who does like to leave our garden in his outside time. Within a couple of months of use, this product well and truly paid for itself. My cat didn't return home one evening and I was unable to pick up a signal anywhere around our street and his usual haunts. It was a long night with still no signal.. Very early the next day I started walking streets from ours and picked up a very faint signal. It led me to finding my gorgeous boy safe but at least 800 mts away and stuck on top of an old shed with a steep angled roof with a dog sitting below... Had we not had the loc8tor on him, I wouldnt like to think how that may have ended up. Thank you!
Love these tagsReview by Two cat Carol (Posted on 6/29/2012)
- We've had these tags for a few months now, and we're delighted with them. They're easy to use, our cats accept them happily, and we're now more at ease allowing them into the backyard knowing that if the younger one does get adventurous and leaps the fence we can track her down quite easily. It's also nice to be able to locate her if we need to get her indoors and she's decided to ignore us concealed somewhere in the shrubbery. They're also great for locating the collars when the cats have decided to ditch them and go into 'stealth mode' (we use safety collars whcih snap away and our cats have worked out how to 'undress'). I can thoroughly reccomend these locator tags - they greatly increase my peace of mind.
They do wear out; but, I am buying anotherReview by paul6851 (Posted on 6/12/2012)
This device is great to give my cats better chance. If there do not come home, I can find them if they are stuck somewhere. Three times, I have rescued my guys from a neighbors crawl space (why they can get in and not out is another question). However, after 3 years, the tags and detector are starting to fail. So, I am getting new ones.
This is a good product.
i think ive decidedReview by worried sick (Posted on 5/19/2012)
- I was just taking to my fiance about my anxiety I'm having with letting my kitty outside. I kinda laughed saying I wish I had a GPS to strap on this collar, my fiance says I bet they do. Meanwhile I'm thinking 'no way nobody is as crazy and paranoid about their cats as I am.' And wa-la I look it up and here it is!!! With all your excellent reviews I'm picking one up asap!!! What a wonderful peace of mind this will be!
Loc8tor saved my cat's lifeReview by Naomi (Posted on 4/11/2012)
A few months ago, I noticed that I hadn't seen my orange tabby Jones in a few hours, so I pulled out my trusty Loc8tor Pet and immediately got a signal. I went looking and quickly followed the beeps to a bush, under which I found Jones. He was nearly dead - another hour and he would have passed. His pelvis was broken, as was his leg and tail. He was deep in shock - all four of his legs were already ice-cold. He was barely aware of his surroundings.
I rushed to the vet and they got him semi-stabilized and sent me to the veterinary hospital two hours away. He was kept in the ICU for two nights, during which it was touch and go the entire time. Until the last morning, we were quite sure that he had permanent spinal damage and would live for a year at most. Luckily, thanks to Loc8tor and some amazing vets, he recovered fully.
In all his five years he had never once hidden under that bush. Apparently, he'd been hit by a car and with his last ounce of strength run to that bush and collapsed. Without loc8tor, it would have taken me hours and hours until I looked there and he surely would have died.
Thank you, Loc8tor, for saving my baby's life. I owe you so much. Just thinking of what I could have lost brings tears to my eyes.
9 out of 10 ratingReview by Rolando of Sugar Land, Texas (Posted on 4/9/2012)
- My wife decided to put out our 2 cats outside the house and because both of them are not familiar with living the outside world, I decided to buy this Loc8tor just in case they wander around. After one week of owning this Loc8tor, one of the cats disappeared, so I decided to scan the whole block of our neighborhood using this Loc8tor with no success. I started to broadened my search by planning to search our subdivision into 4 quadrants, and each quadrant took me about 45 minutes to scan. It took me 3 days with total accumulated of 3 hours of search time and stil no sign of our lost cat. On the 4th night that our cat was missing, as me and my wife were heading home from Easter celebration (04/08/2012) and birthday party of my grand daughter, just about 500 feet from arriving my house, this Loc8tor gave me two successive beeps. I verified if I pushed the correct button, since the 2nd button is assigned to the other cat, by cancelling it and then reactivating the 1st button assigned to the missing cat, 3 seconds after the activation it gave possitive successive weak beeps and at that time we decided to park the car and do the search on foot. I turned around 360 degrees to get the direction of the strongest weak signal and finally get the correct direction to move forward and get stronger signal in my detector (Loc8tor). Finally we were able to pinpoint the exact location within 30 feet of our Oreo, the missing cat, and I started to knock the door of the owner of the house to get the permission to access their backyard, however, after several attempts to communicate with the owner of house, no one opened the door for us, so we decided to open the gate of the fence which fortunately was not locked. We went towards the wooden shed located in the backyard and there he is inside the shed hiding behind a big box. Thanks for the other neighbor who opened the door for us and loaned us a flashlight and opened up the lights in her backyard.
thanks alotReview by annie (Posted on 3/8/2012)
- i live in the city with my cat hurairah one day hurairah went missing and plus she is an indoor cat so she does not know much we had put food out for her we used the loc8tor and found her underneath a car shivering to death thanks you
Great product! Peace of mind at last!Review by Elaine (Posted on 12/10/2011)
- I purchased this item about a month ago for my indoor/outdoor cat who has a bad habit of getting into fights, although yes, he is neutered, and then being too injured to get back home for a few days. I also like to keep him in at night, when I can find him. I love the peace of mind I now have in keeping tabs on where he is all the time. The only downside is he wears a breakaway collar and he loses it from time to time but I at least can find the tag and have an idea of the area he was in. I do not recommend the splash protector at all. It got ripped off as it's completely rubber, including where it attaches to the collar. We were able to find it however. The range is still in question but from what I'm gathering, it will pick up a signal somewhere in the vicinity of 200 ft. I think this product would be excellent for dogs who have a habit of getting out of the yard and wandering around the neighborhood, particularly since they don't lose their collars but you are probably better off with an actual gps for them if you anticipate them going farther than that. I also plan to use the other tag that came in the box on my strictly indoor cat to locate him if he happens to slip out, as soon as I can get him to wear a collar. I highly recommend this product for all your cats, both indoor and outdoor. You want to cover as many bases as is possible with them as they are part of your family.
AwesomeReview by Martin (Posted on 11/23/2011)
- I use this every night, it's just amazing. The range is OK. I would defo pay for an upgrade with a better range though, but this gives me so much reassurance that my little kitty is close by. Couldn't do without it.
Best thing iv'e brought ever.Review by Gia (Posted on 10/25/2011)
- I just purchased the pet loc8tor for my cat. I read the reviews some good some not so good... For the ones who wrote bad reviews, Now that i own one i have know idea why the bad reviews... This thing is great.. My baby will NEVER go outside without it on... Thanks Loc8tor
Peace of MindReview by Di Featherby - South Africa (Posted on 9/25/2011)
I have two Chinchilla Kittens and as I had promised (them) and myself when the season warmed and they were a little older I would let them out into the garden. I found that I delayed the process out of terrible fear of them going astray despite the pressure from relatives and friends insisting that they would stay close to home. We live on an Acre property with many trees, bush and shrubs but after discovering the Pet Loc8tor and actually trying it out inside I felt totally comfortable in taking that major step and introducing them to the outdoors. Well... at this very moment I am sitting outside in the gorgeous weather with Tommy and Mia running and playing and having the best time every whilst I have peace of mind that I can turn the Loc8tor on and ensure they are still in the vicinity.
In fact, when I turn it on to scan the area they come out of the bush they hiding under to see "what Mummy wants"...
A true and utter Blessing. Thank You!
GoodReview by Klaus (Posted on 8/31/2011)
The first transmitter didn´t work very reliable until it got lost. But i think the included batteries are to blame. For the second i bought new batteries and it's still working perfect.
The range of the transmitter in my estate (many parking cars, a lot of bushes and some apartment buildings) is about 20-30 meters. My cat never leaves his territory, so it would have been enough, if he hadn't lost his collar befor he got hit by a car. But he's fine again :-)
Until now i saved about 25€ for new collars, he lost it already 5 times and always when his transmitter starts to beep, he knows that i'm searching for him and he is coming home.
Summarizing i can say, it's worth it's money if you don't use the included batteries.
Very impressed and pleasedReview by Steve Carey (Posted on 8/26/2011)
- This product has proved to be a godsend! We live in the countryside surrounded by hunting areas, and the tag has taken the worry away of finding our cat when the shooting starts. Like other reviewers we have found him in far away hidden locations. We did have a problem with one of the buttons on the loc8tor which suddenly ceased to function, but it was immediately replaced with a complete new set - very impressive customer service.
The Loc8tor pet is an absolute godsend and worth every cent!Review by Melissa, New Zealand (Posted on 7/27/2011)
- I have two cats who mean the world to me... I was worried they wouldn't tolerate the tags, but to my surprise, they have no problem with them... The Loc8tor pet is an absolute godsend and worth every cent!
I just wanted to say that the Loc8tor Pet is an absolutely brilliant productReview by Anna, Christchurch NZ (Posted on 7/27/2011)
- I absolutely love the loc8tor device. With the earthquakes in Christchurch over the last 6 months two of my three cats would often disappear especially after an aftershock. One of the cats had been quite badly injured in the first quake so I became very worried when I could not find them. I knew a neighbour had a loc8tor device so I thought I'd try one. It's been great and has reduced my stress levels immensely. Now I can find my cats even when they have gone into hiding. I also attached one to our puppy and have found that useful when he has inadvertently escaped.
Your product has changed our livesReview by Rowan Timmer (Posted on 7/27/2011)
- Firstly i must say that your product has changed our lives. We never imagined that the Loc8tor would be as great as it is. We actually found our cat down a storm drain about a mile from our house. After lots of driving around we eventually got the return beep on the handset near the drain and after a lot of persuasion our cat emerged. Without the loc8tor we would have never stopped there and would certainly would not have found him. Thanks for a great product.
Write Your Own Review
Q - How does the Loc8tor Pet work?
A - Loc8tor Pet uses a blend of exciting new technologies and traditional radio frequency (RF) technology. Both tags and handset transmit and receive radio signals. The Loc8tor Pet handset picks up this signal. Whilst the tag beeps to help guide you in the handset actually points you in the direction to walk. Using clear audio and visual prompts just follow the direction with the strongest signal.
Q - How many cats can I protect with my Loc8tor Pet?
A - Up to 4. The pack comes supplied with 2 homing tags but an extra two mini homing tags can be purchased.
Q - What range does Loc8tor Pet have?
A - Loc8tor Pet has a typical range of up to 122m / 400 feet. This is based upon an outdoor application with clear line of sight. In certain environments you can find over a greater distance. Obstacles such as walls, floors, cupboards and other people will reduce the maximum range proportionately.
Q - How accurate is it?
A - The Loc8tor Pet handset will guide you to within 2.5cm / 1 inch of the homing tag attached to your pet.
Q - How do I actually find something?
A - Switching the handset on and select the item you want to find. So long as the tag is in range the handset will pick up its signal. Now turn around in a full circle keeping the handset pointing straight in front of you. Now walk in the direction of the strongest signal. The Loc8tor Pet handset uses audio with varying pitch (higher when you are pointing in the right direction), and visual (red, amber and then green) to indicate you are getting closer. Repeat full circle if you are ever unsure which direction to walk in.
Q - Will it locate the tags through obstacles such as fences or walls?
A - Yes, however the maximum range will be reduced. Actual range will vary depending on what is between the tagged item and handset.
Q - Can Loc8tor Pet detect whether your pet is upstairs or downstairs?
A - Yes, Loc8tor Pet is fully directional and will provide guidance left and right, and up and down. You will get the strongest signal when you are pointing directly at the tag. First complete a full circle. As you get closer try pointing to the ceiling (if you are downstairs) or to the floor (if upstairs).
Q - Does Loc8tor Pet work abroad?
A - Yes, Loc8tor Pet works on the 2.45GHz frequency band which can be used worldwide.
Q - How do I attach a tag to the pet I wish to protect?
A - Select one of the splashproof tag cases included within the pack. Making sure you've registered the tag to the handset first, insert the tag into the silicon case. This can now be attached directly to your pets collar using the split ring on the collar or feeding the collar through the silicon case.
Q - How do I know which button to press to search for it?
A - When you register each new tag you are able to assign it to one of the four buttons on the front. Make a note which pet is assigned to which button on the slip provided. This can either be stuck to the back of the handset or onto the bracket provided.
Q - Will tags owned by other people affect my Loc8tor Pet handset?
A - No. Each tag is uniquely registered to your handset during a simple set up process. It is then impossible for other handsets to interfere with your signal or even find your pet.
Q - Are the tags water resistant?
A - Not unless used with our splashproof case included within the pack.