Suitable for Partial or No Sight
1 x Loc8tor Plus Handheld
3 x Mini Homing Tags
1 x Panic Homing Tag
Key ring loop and adhesive strips
Multi language user guide
All batteries included
Range - Up to 183m / 600 feet clear line of Site
Range will vary with depending on where and what it’s being used on. See below as additional guideline:
A - The Loc8tor Plus is similar in size to a mobile phone
11.0cm H x 5.3cm W x 1.6cm D.
4.3” H x 2.1” W x 0.6” D. (use same H,W,D format as tags below for all products)
30.5mm (H) x 19.5mm (W), x 8.5mm (D)
1.2" (H) x 0.8" (W), x 0.3" (D)
5 grams, 0.175 Oz
Handset : 2 x AAA 1.5v alkaline battery
Tags: 2 x SR54 (silver oxide) 1.5 volt button cells or equivalent
Tag and Handset life : Based on 1 locate every day approx 7 months
The Loc8tor Plus now comes with 1 Panic tag and 3 homing tags. The Loc8tor plus is exceptional at finding and can monitor up to 24 lost items. Directional audio and visual cues from the handheld will guide you to the exact location of the missing tag. It will literally take you minutes (even seconds) to find things that would normally have you hunting around for hours and maybe never found at all. With amazing accuracy you will be guided to within an inch / 2.5cm whether indoors or out, in complete darkness or in a noisy room.
Helps stop things getting lost. It warns you if your valuables, pet or child move outside of your user-set boundary with a vibration alert, audio alarm and handheld displaying which item/s wandered off or has been stolen. Select from 3 preset safety zones - near, medium or far each of which can be further fine tuned to help define the distance required.
The Panic Tags (when used in Alert mode) contain a Panic button enabling a child or dependant to call for help. When pressed it activates an Alert Alarm on the handheld advising which child activated the Alarm. This is ideal as a personal alarm for a child or dependent and can be used on a beach, in a park or shopping centre to name but a few.
183 metre / 600 feet range is based on clear line of sight. Actual range will vary depending on use, environment and location.
Q - How does the Loc8tor Plus work?
A - Loc8tor uses a blend of exciting new technologies and traditional radio frequency (RF) technology.
Both Tags and Handheld transmit and receive radio signals. The Loc8tor Handheld monitors this signal. In Locate mode the Tag (attached to the item) beeps to help guide you in whilst the Handset actually points you in the direction to walk using clear audio and visual prompts - just follow the direction with the strongest signal. In Alert mode it monitors the strength of signal received by the Tag. If the signal strength falls below the range you’ve predefined it immediately activates an alarm on your Loc8tor Handset informing which item or person has wandered off.
Q - How many items can I protect ?
A- The Loc8tor Plus can locate / keep track of up to 24 Tags. The pack comes with 4 homing Tags but extra can be purchased.
Q - What range does Loc8tor Plus have?
A – The Loc8tor has a range of up to 183m / 600 feet. This is based upon an outdoor application with clear line of sight. In certain environments you can find items over a greater distance however any obstacles such as walls, floors, cupboards and other people will reduce the maximum range proportionately.
Q – How accurate is it ?
A – The Loc8tor handset will guide you to within 2.5cm / 1” of your possessions.
Q - How do I actually find something?
A – Switching the handset on and select the item you want to find from a drop down list. So long as the Tag is in range the handset will pick up its signal. Now turn around in a full circle keeping the handset pointing straight in front of you. Now walk in the direction of the strongest signal. The Loc8tor uses audio with varying pitch - higher when you are pointing in the right direction and visual – Increased lines and signal strength to indicate you are getting closer. Repeat full circle if you are ever unsure which direction to walk in.
Q - Will it locate the Tags through obstacles such as fences or walls?
A - Yes, however the maximum range will be reduced. Actual range will vary depending on what’s between the tagged item and handset
Q - Can Loc8tor detect whether an item is upstairs or downstairs?
A - Yes, Loc8tor is fully directional and will provide guidance left and right, and up and down. You will get the strongest signal when you are pointing directly at the Tag. First complete a full circle. As you get closer try pointing to the ceiling (if you are downstairs) or to the floor (if upstairs)
Q - Does Loc8tor work abroad?
A - Yes, Loc8tor works on the 2.45GHz ISM frequency band which is available worldwide.
Q - How do I attach a Tag to a person, animal or item I wish to protect?
A – The pack comes with sticky tabs (for attaching onto solid objects such as TV remotes) and lanyards (to attach to keys and many mobile phones) to attach the Tag onto an item. For use on a child we recommend you buy our Silicon splashproof wriststrap and for a pet one of the Pet / Splashproof Tag cases depending on which pet you’ve got.
Q - Will Tags owned by other people affect my Loc8tor Handheld?
A - No. Each Tag is uniquely registered to your Handheld during a simple set up process. It is then impossible for other Handhelds to find your items.
Q- Are the Tags water resistant?
A- Not unless used with our Splashproof case. These need to be purchased seperately.
Q- How do I get an additional copy of the manual ?
A- Click this link and save it to your computer or print
See our very own Anthony explain how the Loc8tor plus works
Availability: In stock
- Good for cats Review by Frederick
We used to spend hours searching for one of our cats every day. Now I know where she hangs out, in the gigantic pond in front of her house. Now it takes me about 10 minutes to find her. No more staying up until 03:00 AM to wait for the cat that we al;ways thought was lost.
Thank you Loc8tor! (Posted on 5/29/13)
- Phenomenal Product Review by Di
- Hi, this is the 4th Loc8tor I have purchased as I bought one for a friend and then upgraded to the Loc8tor Plus which in my opinion is superior. I use this each and every day as my cats do not go into our massive garden without their collar/loc8tor. The great thing is how they respond to it. When I beep to search for them which is VERY often because I am a protective "Mummy" they come out of the thick bush they are playing in and run for a reassuring cuddle or tickle. I purchased this last one which is hopefully in the post as my 'back-up' should anything every happen to the current one. We are all hooked on this product as it means Tommy & Mia are safe which ultimately makes us happy and gives peace of mind. The bonus being that it is very tiny even on my slim cat's neck. Thank you for loving our animals enough to offer a product such as the Loc8tor. (Posted on 4/25/13)
- I am good at mis-laying my keys and garage door opener. Now I don’t worry about it Review by Anna - texas
I now have 1 on each of my 3 cats, my car keys, and my garage door opener. It has saved me a great deal of time. Our new kitty hid out and I could have spent a long time looking for her. The loc8tor was a big help. I was a bit puzzled at first because it was homing on the corner of the wash room like she would be behind the dryer. She wasn’t. That’s when I learned that it will read from the floor above or below. She was hiding in the kitty tree-condo exactly above where I was. I spent a little time figuring that one out. I love my loc8tor.
I told my niece in Texas. She is a dispatcher for the police in Kerrville TX. One of her officers wanted to find out about it because they had an old lady who was forever losing her purse and such and calling the police to help her find it.
I am good at mis-laying my keys and garage door opener. Now I don’t worry about it. The loc8tor hand held resides in my china cupboard right along with my fine china.
(Posted on 7/10/12)
- just wanted to tell you it performs very well in my application. Review by Jim Ransom - Australia
I live on a boat in a marina on the Central Coast of Queensland Australia and I have a 14 year old dog who can't hear as well as she used to.
She now has a loc8tor tag on here collar and not only does it tell me where she is around the marina but the beep on the tag lets her know I'm looking for her. More often than not she finds me!
Thank you for this time and worry saving device. It's amazing.
(Posted on 7/9/12)
- Multi-purpose Loc8tor Plus Review by Daniela Ranzinger - USA
you may remember me from back in February when I ordered my first Loc8tor from you, and was so happily surprised by the excellent customer relationship you and Loc8tor Ltd is offering. I had ordered the PLUS model on a Saturday, got a most friendly phone call from your company on Monday and received the order on Tuesday...could not have been more perfect.
Now I am hoping that you can repeat this handling/shipping "miracle" for me as I am in dire need for the Loc8tor once again. No, I did not loose the 'old' one. Unfortunately, while on a road trip a couple of weeks ago, our vehicle got broken into and lots of items stolen. Since we had our little dogs with us, we had also taken the Loc8tor along, including all the parts, as in tags, protectors, replacement batteries, all in a ziplock bag, and all are now gone as well. Not a great way to start a hard earned vacation as you can imagine, as aside from the loss of the items we also suffered from that typical shock-syndrome, the feeling of violation and vulnerability, common to anyone who has ever been a victim of burglars.
So, now I am trying to replace some of the stolen items, the Loc8tor being one of the first I have to get. If by any chance I have overlooked any promotions, similar to when I ordered the first time around, when I received some free protectors, I believe, I would appreciate it so very much if you could 'throw' them in, or charge me less...which ever option is possible.
By the way - the Loc8tor has proven itself invaluable in helping to find my small dogs (Chihuahuas) or somewhat ornery cats when they are hiding relatively close by. The biggest 'problem' of the Loc8tor is that walls or uneven terrain are limiting it's range quite a bit. We live in the countryside with barns, trees, bushes and lots of pasture around us, and when looking for one particular cat that just loves play 'catch' with us, we have to walk quite a ways, criss-crossing the land in order to get close enough for the Loc8tor to pick up the signal. Wished it had more 'power' in that respect, but otherwise it is simply great...especially with those cats who love to watch us close by without being seen.
The device is also a wonderful way for us to keep tab on our 6 year old autistic granddaughter.
Thanks again for the way you handled my first order, and because of that I did not even check around for anyone selling your product within the USA, but went directly back to your website in good 'ole' England, to receive it from you once more.
(Posted on 7/9/12)
- Found it in a few minutes Review by Loana Kocsis - Atlanta USA
- We have 4 cats and 2 of them kept wondering very far . They would even be gone for several days. Now that we have Loc8tor Plus is sooo easy to find them. I already know all of their palces, so I just walk out of the house do a 360 search and there you have it! Found in a few minutes. (Posted on 7/9/12)
- Grat for finding downed RC planes in the bush Review by Wayne Robbins
- Certainly increases the odds in finding downed RC plane in the bush. Used it today and it took me straight to it, a grat investment (Posted on 5/11/12)
- Essential for their safety Review by Victoria
We've had the Loc8tor Plus for 18 months now and I can honestly say we would NEVER do without this again. Just this morning, I found our male Bengal cat, who had been missing for a night, in our neighbour's shed. The only reason I knew where he was, after a sleepless night, was because I held the receiver over the top of the fence, where it was able to pick up his tag's signal from the neighbour's garden shed.
Having the signal & receiver means you know exactly where to look.
This device eliminates any worries about your cat/dog having been run over & lying helplessly injured in a ditch or garden, since if you were driving or walking past, the signal would be picked up.
The signal gets blocked by brick houses but is excellent with wooden houses. We've found our cats when they've been exploring under houses and they know that the beeping tag on their collar means they are being sought. This means the cats can (almost) always be found so they are at home at night. I always know that even if I can't hear their bells or see them, if the Loc8tor picks up their tag signals, it means they are not far away.
Just remember to ensure the batteries on both the receiver & the tags are not flat! (Posted on 5/6/12)
- Excellent for tracking cats Review by Terez Wolf
- I taught my cat to come home at night by tracking her every night for three weeks. It has been four years now and she still comes home on her own at sunset. (Posted on 5/6/12)
- Sylvain Marron, France Review by A brilliant gadget and worth every penny
I recently bought a Loc8tor Plus, and I would like to thank you for this good product: I tried it in a field, on clear line of sight, I placed the Tag on a tree in 6.5 feet high from the ground and I was able to detect the Tag at a distance of 900 feet with the Handset ! At this distance the signal strength number was 4-10. I was very happy to see that the range is greater than 600 feet in fact !
I will use the Loc8tor Plus to locate my model planes and gliders when they land too far.
Thank you again for this useful product. (Posted on 7/27/11)
- A brilliant gadget and worth every penny Review by D Webb, South Wales
- The Loc8tor Plus is an excellent product. My wife and I look after an uncle who, sadly, has dementia and keeps losing important articles such as keys etc. The Loc8tor finds the tagged articles in minutes and has saved us many hours of searching. A brilliant gadget and worth every penny. (Posted on 7/27/11)
- Just to let you know the Loc8tor Plus is fantastic Review by D. Park, United Kingdom
- Just to let you know the Loc8tor Plus is fantastic - the best hundred quid I have spent for a very long time. (Posted on 7/27/11)
- I love your product Review by J. Gravino USA
- I love your product. I am currently reordering more tags. I use it especially to track my austistic son's ipod and other small electronics. I also always attach one to his clothing so that I can find him if he wanders away. I can always find my keys ...... (Posted on 7/27/11)
- Oh! how our lives have changed for the better Review by Mark Finch - Ascot
My two and a half year old daughter has a small cloth toy rabbit that was purchased when she was a baby that she takes everywhere. We have spent hours searching in utter desperation, at theme parks, shopping centres and similar, desperately re-tracing our tracks when the rabbit has inadvertently been dropped or when it has been hidden in the myriad of places that small children think cloth rabbits should hide. To our horror we have checked and learnt that the rabbit is now discontinued so a replacement is not a consideration. (I should have bought two)! I decided to purchase the Loc8tor Plus and with some very minor fabric surgery and some brown thread the loc8tor was put in with the stuffing, not discernable to the small proud owner. Oh! how are lives have changed for the better, whilst we still keep an eye out for wabbit and his adventures, we can with the press of a button locate him in the garden flower beds, at the top of the slide, inside the TV cabinet, or wherever else his owner wishes to deposit him, making sure we find him return him promptly before tears ensue. So glowing with our success, on a recent trip with 14 adults and 11 children for a weekend break at a seaside resort I attached one to the belt buckle of my 5 year old son. Well as all the parents were shouting at the top of their voices for their children, who were occupied half way down the beach to return to our deck chairs, a press on the button alerted my son from his intensive digging, that he was to return. The loc8tor sounded and he quickly trotted back along the beach both of us beaming leaving the other parents gloating as they continued to scream above the sound of the waves, seagulls and the offshore wind in the vain hope that their children would hear them.
(Posted on 7/27/11)
- When this starts to go off my cats come looking for me! Review by Marilena
- This item is great, we have 2 cats that like to go outside and with this on we know we will always find them. As soon as their collar starts to beep they know that we are looking for them and they start to come back to the house. Most of all I think it gives you piece of mind, knowing that you can always whip this out and find them. We also you the splash proof tags (sold here) and they don’t even notice they are wearing them. I researched a lot of tracking devices for cats and this one was definitely the best! (Posted on 6/13/11)