Much more accurate than other finding devices - The credit card-sized handset gives you audio and visual cues to lead you straight to you're RC plane or copter, with 1-inch accuracy
Excellent range - Loc8tor Lite's range of up to 400ft (122m) in clear line of sight, means you can find your RC vehicle in any terrain, from fields to forests
Smallest, lightest and best performing mini homing tag of its kind in the world - At only 0.17 ounces, the homing tag is the smallest and lightest of its type in the world
Like an insurance policy for your pride and joy - Don't lose it, locate it, and save time and money if you have a crash
Dual directional technology
Our patented RF-based technology is accurate enough to find your plane or copter even if it's completely hidden from view by giving you both audio and visual cues to guide you right to it.
Accurate to within 1 inch (2.5cm)
No other finding device is as accurate as Loc8tor. Our unique handset will guide you to your tagged RC vehicle, to within 1 inch, and our mini homing tags will help enable quick discovery by also emitting an audible beep.
Long range - up to 400 feet
Loc8tor Lite can track up to 400 feet (122m) in clear line of sight – far enough to track your plane across fields and forests, whether it's ended up in a ditch or a tree. Simply walk in the direction you last saw it, and as soon as you’re getting near, Loc8tor will guide you right in.
Long battery life (up to 7 months)
Loc8tor Lite is there when you need it for months on end. Replacement batteries are inexpensive and if you don't actively track anything, it remains in 'passive' mode, conserving battery life.
Smallest, lightest tag - just 0.17 ounces
It takes seconds to fit the lightweight tag and it takes no time at all to learn how to use the intuitive handset – just press the button, and follow the clear audio and visual cues leading you directly to your plane or copter.
One-off payment with no monthly charges
Loc8tor Lite is designed to be a one-off buy. With no hidden charges or rental costs, it's a single payment to protect your things (and give you peace of mind) for years.
Trusted by thousands to find their RC models
When model planes or helicopters crash land in ditches, fields, long grass or even forests, they can be very difficult to find (even when you’re really close to it) and expensive to replace. Loc8tor Lite takes the stress out of finding them by using dual audio and visual directional technology that shows you exactly where to go to find them – the only tracker of its kind for this price that can do this.
Small, accurate and affordable
Loc8tor Lite is the smallest and most accurate tracker of its type available anywhere in the world with the same Loc8tor technology used by police forces, as well as security organizations and postal services. It's the most affordable tracker too, with a single, one-off purchase that will give you years of use and a battery that lasts up to seven months at a time. It comes with the best directional handset of its kind which uses dual directional technology – audio and visual cues to guide you exactly which way to walk.
Track all your planes
Our RF-based technology offers much greater range and accuracy than standard audio-only trackers. Each Loc8tor Lite comes with two lightweight (only 0.17 ounces) tags. And you can buy an additional two tags so you can find up to four items with one handset. Simply attach one to your plane or copter and you can quickly locate it using the credit card-sized handset. An optional splash-proof cover can also protect your tags from the elements and from any knocks, bumps or scratches.
Loc8tor can track your things to within 1 inch (2.5cm) – much more accurate than standard audio key finders
With a range of up to 400 feet (122m) in clear line of sight, you can easily find your plane wherever it's landed by following the directions (audio and lights) until you're reunited. Activate the handset and it sounds a series of beeps, with color-coded lights to show you when you're getting close – red for far away, amber for closer, and green for really close. The closer you get, the faster the beeps sound and the lights flash. It works like an electronic game of 'hot and cold', helping you find your plane as quickly and easily as possible. There's only one tracker that can do this, and it's already helping hundreds of thousands of people across the world.
We're so sure you'll love Loc8tor Lite that we're happy to offer a money-back guarantee. Simply return it in its box, in the same condition you received it, and we'll refund your money.
1 x Loc8tor Lite handset; 2 x Mini Homing Tags; Double-sided sticky tabs and lanyards
How pleased I amReview by Chris H (Posted on 1/6/2014)
- I just wanted you to know how pleased I am with the Loc8tor Lite. The 'tag' was much smaller than I thought. One tag is on a very small dog and the other is on my DJI Flamewheel F550 Hexacopter. To test the Loc8tor I landed the F550 on the roofs and in backyards of various neighbors and had the neighborhood kids use the Loc8tor to find out where it was. Each and every time they found it in short order. They had fun doing the testing as well! I also have a GPS tracker but that just leaves a very wide range of locations when it can be in a 60m circle. The Loc8tor actually brings you right to the F550. As to the little dog, I had to stop testing using her. A large group of kids chasing her down kind of scared her a bit.
Awesome!Review by Julie (Posted on 10/22/2012)
We are RVers & have a RV Calico Kitty we take everywhere with us. She has a Pet Loc8tor, but is usually nearby. Sure saves us time, effort & worry to locate her right away!
Thanks so much!
You have given my a way to have no worry in flyingReview by Stephen Carden - Augusta Georgia (Posted on 7/10/2012)
- I have told several of my friends about this device. Sad thing they had no idea that a search system would work for RC Helicopters. The other way to put a locator on an RC Model is with GPS Very expensive $1000.00 hopefully you will sell more of them when a few of us start working with them. The cost of your system is great. Two of my Helicopters I have are about 3000.00 for each model. When you lose one it is a very bad day. Your tags cost is less then my Carbon Fiber Rotor blades are. The RC community is going to jump on your device.
I am so delighted with my Loc8tor!Review by Sylvia Burn (Posted on 7/10/2012)
I am so delighted with my loc8tor, it has saved me hours of wasted time searching for my car keys .I was so pleased when the loc8tor found my keys yesterday, I picked
them up and promptly dropped them with excitement, and trod on the tag, crushing it! My pet tortoise is always getting lost in my garden, but now he has the tag this is no longer a problem. My life is much easier now I have the loc8tor, money well spent.
Without the Loc8tor we would probably still be looking!Review by Tony, Sydney Australia (Posted on 5/30/2012)
- About three weeks ago, my R/C model plane had a mid-air collision with one belonging to a fellow club member. Its tail was torn off and it disappeared going down vertically into gum trees about 200 metres away. We collected the Loc8tor and headed down a fire trail into the bush. We were at the correct spot, looking in the wrong direction when the Loc8tor said "look behind you dummy" or sounds to that effect. We finally found the plane just behind us, cunningly concealed about 15 metres up a gum tree. Without the Loc8tor we would probably still be looking! Good news: it's rebuilt and ready to fly again
Thanks to the Loc8tor Lite I found my HeliReview by G. Goodhue, Hawaii (Posted on 5/30/2012)
- I fly RC helicopters. Yes, it's expensive especially if you crash or lose your aircraft in tall grass - which happens! Thanks to the Loc8tor Lite I found my Heli, took it back to the table to see why it went down. I noticed the Loc8tor was missing, the velcro didn't hold. It must have come off on my way out of the tall grass, looking at that seven feet tall vegetation I thought I'll will never find the Loc8tor Homing Tag again. To cut a long story short, the Loc8tor led me right to it.
Grat for finding downed RC planes in the bushReview by Wayne Robbins (Posted on 5/11/2012)
- Certainly increases the odds in finding downed RC plane in the bush. Used it today and it took me straight to it, a grat investment
Write Your Own Review
Q - How does the Loc8tor Lite work?
A - Loc8tor Lite uses a blend of exciting new technologies and traditional radio frequency (RF) technology. Both tags and handset transmit and receive radio signals. The Loc8tor Lite handset picks up this signal. Whilst the tag beeps to help guide you in the handset actually points you in the direction to walk. Using clear audio and visual prompts just follow the direction with the strongest signal.
Q - How many items can I protect with my Loc8tor Lite?
A - Up to 4. The pack comes supplied with 2 homing tags but an extra two mini homing tags can be purchased.
Q - What range does Loc8tor Lite have?
A - Loc8tor Lite has a typical range of up to 122m / 400 feet. This is based upon an outdoor application with clear line of sight. In certain environments you can find over a greater distance. Obstacles such as walls, floors, cupboards and other people will reduce the maximum range proportionately.
Q - How accurate is it?
A - The Loc8tor Lite handset will guide you to within 2.5cm / 1 inch of the homing tag attached to your item.
Q - How do I actually find something?
A - Switching the handset on and select the item you want to find. So long as the tag is in range the handset will pick up its signal. Now turn around in a full circle keeping the handset pointing straight in front of you. Now walk in the direction of the strongest signal. The Loc8tor Lite handset uses audio with varying pitch (higher when you are pointing in the right direction), and visual (red, amber and then green) to indicate you are getting closer. Repeat full circle if you are ever unsure which direction to walk in.
Q - Will it locate the tags through obstacles such as fences or walls?
A - Yes, however the maximum range will be reduced. Actual range will vary depending on what is between the tagged item and handset.
Q - Can Loc8tor Lite detect whether your item is upstairs or downstairs?
A - Yes, Loc8tor Lite is fully directional and will provide guidance left and right, and up and down. You will get the strongest signal when you are pointing directly at the tag. First complete a full circle. As you get closer try pointing to the ceiling (if you are downstairs) or to the floor (if upstairs).
Q - Does Loc8tor Lite work abroad?
A - Yes, Loc8tor Lite works on the 2.45GHz frequency band which can be used worldwide.
Q - How do I attach a tag to the item I wish to protect?
A - Supplied in the Loc8tor Lite packaging are two lanyard keyrings and two double-sided sticky pads, giving you the flexibility of being able to attach a tag whichever way suits you best.
Q - How do I know which button to press to search for it?
A - When you register each new tag you are able to assign it to one of the four buttons on the front. Make a note which pet is assigned to which button on the slip provided. This can either be stuck to the back of the handset or onto the bracket provided.
Q - Will tags owned by other people affect my Loc8tor Lite handset?
A - No. Each tag is uniquely registered to your handset during a simple set up process. It is then impossible for other handsets to interfere with your signal or even find your tag.
Q - Are the tags water resistant?
A - Not unless used with our splashproof cases (sold separately).